Thursday 18 July 2013

A continuing obsession with clouds

Long before I became interested in photography I was obsessed with the patterns and colours of clouds in the sky. Their brief and transitory nature made me yearn to some how capture their beauty before disappeared.

However, I realised that the true beauty is in that passing nature of the clouds. It is a brief moment in time that must be appreciated, there and then, for what it is. No image can ever really do justice to the sky and whenever I have tried to capture it the results have always been disappointing.

That said, I often can't resist snapping certain cloud formations and the interplay of light with the ground that they create. Now I try not to capture the moment as it truly was but to create something new and pleasing in itself. I still try to take a Zen-like approach to the clouds themselves and bask in the moment before they, or I, have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment